Thursday, October 21, 2010

Blinkbox

I watched the first episode of Andromeda at the weekend on Blinkbox for free. I enjoyed it, never having seen it before I was pleasantly surprised. It did get me thinking I should perhaps give other US Sci-Fi series a go – such as the Star Trek spin-offs like Next Generation, Voyager and Deep Space Nine. They seemed to pass me by for one reason and another. I’m sure there are other Sci-Fi series that I would like but missed out on totally.

I watched the Kick Ass at the weekend too. I thought it was going to be poor but it was much better than that, better than I imagined it would be. I wouldn’t say it was great or anything but it could have been a lot worse. The story was pretty good, it was a bit out of the ordinary with the little girl being so violent and so foul mouthed it was amusing in a way that made me feel slightly uncomfortable.

I bought a book at the weekend, Just My Type about modern type faces we all use, their designers and their history. I like to know things about the design of type, it is one of those things we just all take for granted.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

I liked Kick Ass...it definitely was only for adults!
That book sounds interesting! I love stuff like that.

FW said...

LB: I'd like to see The Social Network but doubt I'll be able to have time to see it at the cinema. Just My Type by Simon Garfield is an excellent read, I recommend if you're interested in typefaces.