Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fireworks

I was driving home last night and was at a roundabout when I saw some fireworks going up into the sky about a block and a half ahead of me. They were really pretty, professional sized ones – I don’t know what the event was but it must have been a pretty big affair. I was watching for about 10 to 15 seconds, waiting for cars to go past before I could join the traffic but perhaps I took my eyes off the cars and watched fireworks for 3 seconds when the horn of the car behind me beeps. I mean, really, some folks should just take a chill pill and not be so impatient. I hate driving at night because car headlights are so bright and the roads I travel on are so narrow and wind around bends. Then you get cars driving too close behind with their lights that seem so bright in my wing mirrors. I really dislike night time driving.

This weekend I’m hoping to take my children up to see my parents. It’s been quite a number of months since we’ve seen them. It will seem so strange and yet it should be the most natural thing, I wished they lived closer to us or we to them. I regret that I don’t live closer to my family sometimes. I’ve been feeling nostalgic of late. I don’t know why that is. Perhaps I’m feeling old? It does seem that way lately with my back playing up in a morning, I feel about ten years older than I should.

3 comments:

laura b. said...

I don't like night driving either. Big SUVs shine their lights right in my eyes from either direction. And for some reason, I have a distorted sense of speed at night...I have to push myself to go faster.
I hope you enjoy your visit to your parents. I am lucky to see my mom about once a week and my dad every month or maybe two.

Tara said...

The impatient person who honked his/her horn at you should've taken a moment to breathe and watch the fireworks.

I love surprises like that, though! The fireworks, I mean. :)

FW said...

LB: That's so nice that you can see your folks regularly.
Tara: Yeah, they were really beautiful, I don't know why people are so impatient to have no sense of childlike wonder. We all need a bit of it.