Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Slog part 2

Last time I did any writing here feels such a long time ago! Things haven’t changed very much, next week I have booked a day off on Friday. My children are on half term holiday, so at least they get a break from school.

The weather has gotten colder this week. The leaves on trees are a beautiful red colour now, there are parts of this season that are really lovely. Work still feels like a slog to me, there are new pressures all the time.

I was shocked at the spending cuts this government are making, it seems the poorest are bearing the brunt. I imagine the arts are going to be hit hard because they are always a soft target. Somehow though, this country seems to excel when it is under pressure. I feel sorry for the children of the poorest people though. To some, the fear of losing housing benefit must seem feel like a terrible burden. I’d hate to be in that position, we are lucky to be where we are in these austere times.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

Trite but true saying comes to mind...It's tough all over. I feel lucky to have a job that, so far, is secure. I hope things get better everywhere, but I'm sure it will take awhile.

FW said...

LB: I hate the oppression of having to stick in my job because it is hard to just walk from one post into another.