Monday, October 22, 2012

Fast Food, Fast Service

Not that we're eating fast food. We have cooked or prepared every meal for about 4 or 5 weeks now. This is the effect of our diet. We haven't eaten out for what seems like ages but I have lost weight, so its obviously working.

Anyway, the inspiration for this post comes from fast food restaurants that have staff who give very poor quality service, as if they don't care whether you like the food or not and just see you as a number. It doesn't always happen at busy times, sometimes I get great service even when the counter is busy. I'm not even sure the environment has everything to do with it, it does play an important part though. There is usually a fast food outlet at train stations, what I dislike about these is that there are some tables on the concourse and pigeons getting on tables when people leave. I just feel that I've not found a decent fast food restaurant at a train station. The service I get tends to be pretty bad usually.
The local restaurant to us is so different, the service is usually great and the staff are friendly and it has a nice atmosphere. It is a roadside restaurant set off to the side of a service station. I've not been to a town centre restaurant as good as our roadside one either.
There is nothing like the great taste of a good burger and fries in my opinion. I like it to have a good, well cooked beef patty and good cheese, onion and lettuce. I quite like the MacDonalds Big Mac sauce. My wife cooks an awesome burger that has spinach in with the beef too.

3 comments:

laura b. said...

I admit to being a longtime fan of fast food. After being gone at work for 11 hours (including commute) I just don't feel like preparing a meal...and there are so many delicious fast options!

However, since DR has moved in we barely ever eat out. He cooks, and very well too. I now prefer his burgers to just about anything I could get out.

Tara said...

I'm trying to stay away from fast food restaurants most of the time, but they can be very tempting if I'm out shopping and there is one nearby. Burgers and fries always look good to me.

FW said...

LB: I prefer home cooked food on the whole, at least you can be 100 per cent sure of what you're getting. I enjoy my wife's food but she doesn't have much time to cook, as she has to commute.
Tara: Yes, they are so tempting. It is hard to resist but we must be strong!