Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Wii Fitness Regime

A new regime has taken hold of my household. My family are striving to change our ways. Over the past year we have been steadily gaining weight. My wife's and my middle areas have been expanding. Shirts have felt tighter, jeans and trousers are harder to fasten. None of this makes us happy but for a year we've just laughed it off. Until now, we've been talking about it for a while but we finally enrolled in a diet scheme - or at least my wife has. We can only afford one of us to join but we'll both benefit from it.

I've been trying to do more exercise as well, so I dusted off the Balance Board and installed new batteries. I'd treated Wii Fit as a game before this week. However, this week I've started to use it properly and I do believe it is really good. For someone like me, I don't mind exercise but at the same time I don't really like exercising in public. I don't have the will power to learn exercise routines and teach myself, so the Wii Fit is great because you get a trainer and you can do combinations of things that burn fat quick interspersed with gentler exercises.
I also like the reward scheme, where you unlock new stamp designs and new games or routines. It's a very cleverly put together little package. The system even shows you information in chart form about how you are doing compared to the goals you set yourself. So you can track your progress (or otherwise).

3 comments:

laura b. said...

I have heard great things about Wii Fitness! I hope you really enjoy it, as well as get the results you want.

FW said...

LB: Thanks, I think the trick is just to keep exercising every day. Doesn't really matter what it is as long as you stretch and if you break a sweat all the better.

Tara said...

I haven't used my Wii Fit in awhile, but I've been doing exercise stuff on my own. I'm afraid to weigh myself, because even though I feel good, I don't want to weigh myself and find out that nothing has changed. I'd rather feel and see the results for myself. I think I have Wii Fit Plus, and I wind up swearing at it.