Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Holiday week

This week I am on holiday from work. Yesterday I spent the day with my family shopping in Brighton. We had a good time although my legs were aching by the end because we had done so much walking! I think my wife could have gone on longer, she can definitely shop longer than I. Almost every time I go to some place like Brighton, I don't have something specific in mind. I like to see what I can find. I'm not sure this is the best strategy. Before we got there I was thinking of a couple of things to pick up: a rock band beanie hat and a rock band T shirt. I like so many rock bands that I didn't have any specific ones in mind but I would know a cool hat and logo when I saw it. I found only one shop selling them and they looked really big. My head is tiny so I think they would have looked ridiculous. They were just woollen hats, I'm not even sure they were beanies and I don't think they were official merchandise either. I didn't buy any. There was a shop selling T shirts but they were like £25, which I think is way too much. There was a thin NASA long sleeved T shirt that I liked but when I saw it was £50 I lost interest. Stuff in Brighton is so expensive!
I did pick up the following, the first and last for little or nothing:

Disturbed - Believe (on CD)
American Vampire (graphic novel)
Peter F Hamilton - The Dreaming Void (book, 1st of a trilogy)

We visited Dave's Comics, a great comic shop, and I decided to pick up the first volume of the American Vampire series by Scott Snyder and another guy whose name escapes me.

I've not read any Peter F. Hamilton books, so this will be an interesting experiment.

When I got home I added the Disturbed CD to my copy of iTunes but I didn't play it back until today on my iPod in the car. Oh dear, the sound is heavily distorted and I'm not just talking about the hard rock music. There is some problem with it. I will probably give it a go at cleaning it but I don't expect to fix the problem, I reckon it's just a bad disk. Ah well, I didn't pay much for it as it came from Oxfam like the Hamilton book.

No comments: