Sunday, February 09, 2014

World Rally Championship 2014

The WRC 2014 championship is underway and two rallies have been held, the one this weekend was Rally Sweden and it looks cold! The snow and ice must be a really difficult surface to drive on. The snowy roads of Sweden though look amazing and are what I naturally think of when I think about rallying. I don't think enough rally sport is televised at the moment. I have to catch up on the rally world mostly through YouTube and Facebook. I like to tie in my watching of rallying with playing videogames. I've always wondered how much the drivers actually listen to the pacenotes read aloud by their co-drivers via the intercom. They must rely heavily on them because I've heard of at least one team leaving the road into a ditch recently because the intercom system broke.

No comments: