Sunday, March 30, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is Mother's Day, I got up ahead of my wife to feed the cats so that she could lie in. My daughter made breakfast in bed for her. My son gave her a card he wrote up last night, he had previously chosen the card last weekend. Then we all gave her the gift I had bought on everyone's behalf - an iPad. Not an inexpensive gift, I'm sure you'll agree. However, it is one that she deserves. She is always looking out for us and is unselfish and caring. She's the kindest person I know and I'm very lucky to be married to her.
I made lunch, a nice chicken, bacon and cheese bake with French beans, cream styled corn and rice. I went out to buy a fuse for my son's laptop plug and got ingredients for Eton Mess to eat later, yummy.
I called my mum just after eight o'clock this morning (the clocks went forwards an hour today, rather frustratingly meaning we lose an hour of the weekend) to wish her happy mother's day too. We sent her cards during the week and fortunately she got the last card yesterday.

No comments: