Sunday, March 09, 2014

New project

I have decided to make myself a costume. Whether I wear it to Comicon this year, I'm not sure. We'll have to wait and see how it turns out. I have started making the helmet. I may buy some parts for it if the helmet turns out okay. The costume I'm going to try and make is deliberately quite a simple one. It's the Federation Trooper from Blake's 7. You can see it in these shots below, as you can see the helmet is the most striking feature of these costumes. I bought a cheap tea strainer for the mouth piece that I'm going to spray black. I've bought a 2 litre bottle of Morrisons pineapple fizzy pop which is made of the right colour of green plastic. I will probably need several bottles of this though. I don't know how I'm going to come up with the plastic for the visor.


No comments: