Saturday, January 10, 2015

Suicide Squad: Kicked in the Teeth

I picked this up from my local library last weekend. I liked the cover and inside the artwork appealed to me, I like to see Harley Quinn drawn well and this is a great rendition of her. She's the best thing about this book but there are other stars of the DC Universe here, such as Deadshot. There's the evil governor Amanda Wallace, who plants bombs in the necks of prison inmates and gets them to risk their lives to save some time off their sentences, giving them a set number of hours to complete a mission before their heads are blown off. You do get the action of the comic interspersed with clips of life of Harleen before she became Harley. I enjoyed the story a lot more than I thought I would, I wasn't sure what to expect but I quickly got into it. I found it worthy of reading for anyone, especially those who might be thinking about trying the Suicide Squad.



No comments: