Sunday, January 11, 2015

Robocop 2014

I watched the latest reboot of the Robocop film this week and I'm feeling very disappointed by it. I did enjoy the role of the doctor played by Gary Oldman and there were some good actors in it, Michael Keaton and Abbie Cornish. But compared to the original film all of the humour had been taken out of it, as well as the violence. In my opinion it was a much poorer version of the film. I felt it could have had more drama in it, it was just a bit bland for my taste. I didn't really feel very much for family, so the shift from man to robot-man didn't affect me emotionally very much. There were moments when I thought it was going to step up the terror but it never did. Such a shame, with a great cast as this that the script wasn't better. If you want to watch a Robocop film, the first one is still the best, in the same way that remake of Total Recall was pointless.

No comments: