Saturday, February 07, 2015

Pot Noodle

Last weekend I went shopping and for snack food for my son, I picked up some Pot Noodles. I didn't know if he would like them or not. I thought I would be able to eat them if he didn't like them anyway. I got him some Chicken Chow Mein and Beef and Tomato, the latter is a variety I have enjoyed in the past. Pot Noodles have been around since the 70s as far as I'm aware, maybe they've been around earlier? I don't know exactly, one to Google perhaps? I do remember them being on the TV adverts and feeling like they were a new invention. I don't dislike a Pot Noodle but on the other hand, there is something unpleasant about them. I can't quite put my finger on it. I guess its a feeling that there isn't much substance there in one. It's definitely only a snack and is not a meal replacement. I just bought them for my son to feel independent in the kitchen and for him to eat something if he's hungry and we're not around. He was eating apple pies or crisps instead. I'd rather him eat a Pot Noodle than something very sugary.

No comments: