Saturday, March 28, 2015

Meredith Kercher murder

For several years now I have followed with some interest the Meredith Kercher murder trial in Italy. Personally, I have always believed that Amanda Knox, the US student, was innocent. She served 4 years of her life in Italy before the prosecution was squashed on appeal. In the last twist of the tale the appeal was questioned and a ruling was required about whether the squashing of the prosecution should be upheld or whether Amanda Knox should stand trial again with her former boyfriend. Well, this week the appeal that squashed the conviction was itself squashed, meaning poor Amanda Knox can get on with her life. As I say, it is my belief/opinion that she is innocent. Some people may disagree with me but that is my view. I am sad for Meredith but I don't think you make it right by hurting another innocent person.

No comments: