Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Compose

It feels like a longer gap than it actually has been. I've had some great thoughts for blog posts but again when I am here I can't remember them. My potato and onion curry is cooking, it smells lovely and I'm starving! The diet is still going well, my tea and coffee consumption is down to just a cup of coffee per day now. I'm drinking more water and eating bananas. I'm resisting the temptation to eat crisps and biscuits. My one luxury is a bar of plain (dark) chocolate per week - this is over 70 per cent cocoa so is quite strong and bitter for chocolate - I would usually buy milk chocolate, which has more fat and sugar in it. I'm trying to lose a couple of stones and I'm 7 pounds lighter after three weeks. My wife has more to lose, traditionally she looses it slower than I do - she's probably a bit miffed by that. But she is also losing it gradually, which is probably the thing to aim for instead of sudden and dramatic weight loss.
My brother and sister inlaw were over in this country at the weekend, visiting parents. I took the kids up and saw them. It's been eight years since I last saw them both and it was a little odd at first but was good. It's too long to leave it really. I hope next year we can fly over to Boston and go visit them.

4 comments:

Tara said...

I admire your determination to limit your intake of coffee. It's not easy. What do you think of bananas? I can get so sick of them, but they are so good for you. They make a quick, healthy breakfast in the morning. Especially when you're running late for work.

Keep up the great work with your diet!

laura b. said...

Men always seem to lose weight more easily than women! So unfair. I'm glad to hear you're doing so well though.
Potato and onion curry sounds delicious!

Eight years is a long time not to see your brother. You guys must miss each other a lot, yet I can see how it would feel strange trying to quickly reconnect.

Anonymous said...

I don't think that 7lbs over three wereks is quick and dramatic. Sounds very healthy to me. Keep it up and post that potato and onion currry recipie.

FW said...

Tara: I love bananas now, had a few years where I didn't eat them but now I think they're great.

L.B.: Yeah, 8 years is pushing it too far isn't it.

ElizaF: The potato and onion curry is pretty much what you'd expect except we haven't found the right potato yet to actually go soft - I think I'm going to blanche them first next time before adding them to the curry mixture.