Friday, June 15, 2007

In quiet moments...

There are times during the normal week when I get a chance to have a sit and think about stuff other than work or the family. My times for doing this aren't usually planned or anything, they are spontaneous and are probably the kind of thing one does more of as one gets older. Over the past month or so one news story haunts me more than others - probably because it involves a child and I can empathise with the parents by imagining what it must be like for them, I can't of course imagine the full horror but its bad enough. I am referring to the case of the missing Madeleine McCann, the four year old who was snatched from a holiday apartment while her brother and sister slept nearby. Her parents where eating at a local restaurant only yards from the apartment and were checking on the sleeping tots every half hour. This happened while they were on a family holiday in Portugal, a time when they should be relaxing and having fun family time.
It is a heartbreaking story and the parents must be torturing themselves. The crime is so horrid I don't even want to consider the possibilities of what has happened to the little girl. To be so young and be snatched from your mum or dad is just so terrible and terrifying. In my few moments of reflection I do find myself thinking of the family and I pray that Madeleine is returned to them safe and unharmed. I also pray that whoever did this vile act is caught and severely punished.

2 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Moments of reflection can be good for one's soul... As for the Madeline case.. it is extremely upsetting and you always worry about your own child(ren) and hope they are always safe and happy... I can't begin to imagine what the parents of this little girl are going through...it's absolutely heartwrenching....I hope they catch the bastard...

FW said...

Babybull40: I agree with everything you just said 100 per cent.