Monday, January 04, 2010

Inglorious

I watched the Inglorious Basterds DVD last night. It was a very watchable film.
I have one more day of holiday tomorrow before work begins and if it goes as quickly as today did then I'm out of luck! Oh why oh why do we have to go to work? It's totally not fair!
There is some pork belly, sausages, onions and potatoes roasting in the oven: a treat for my wife who had to work today while I looked after the children, so I hope she enjoys it all when she gets in. Certainly smells good. I took the children to a town about half an hour away where there is this large play structure. All of the trees looked beautiful today because of the frost giving every branch a crystal white appearance. I noticed that the trees looked exactly the same on our return journey, so I guess that means the air temperature has stayed in the minus numbers all day. The forecast talks of a chance of snow for later this week. If it's bad it might affect my journey to work. I can still work at home though, so there is no chance of escape for me really.

6 comments:

Tara said...

You should see it hear, we're having lake effect snow. It's been snowing since yesterday and the trip to work was hell.

That meal you're making sounds wonderful!

I hope your last day off goes slowly for you so that you can enjoy it.

Tara said...

Mean to say "here" instead of "hear". Oh and I'm so glad you liked "Inglourious Basterds"!

laura b. said...

I really like Inglourious Basterds a lot. This is the Tarantino I like :-)
You dinner sounds delicious...I'm sure you're wife was extremely pleased.
I have just returned to work after ten days off. Blah.

laura b. said...

Wow, I can't spell either! You are wife? No. Your wife. Duh.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

We had not much snow a week ago or so.. None for Christmas.. In fact it was warmer out and raining.. Now we have had a little taste of the White Stuff..
We saw Inglorious Basterds recently and I thought it was pretty good.. Quentin Tarrantino has his own signture style when it comes to his movies.......

FW said...

Hey, Mrs HW! Hope you're well, didn't know you were back on the scene! Yeah, the film was alright I thought.