Friday, January 22, 2010

Presenting the work of ... A.A. Twanklebagg

You might be interested to notice that I've started doodling again and you might like to check up occasionally on the progress over at Doodles and Dinkums. (or even Dinkums and Doodles! - ed) For your pleasure this week I would like to present the latest book by that great geologist Aaron A. Twanklebagg - or rather it's book jacket, designed by yours truly.
I've always been easily amused by making up silly names and AAT is not real of course (disclaimer) but in a small way I've been amused by Aaron being one of The King's middle names. The idea of having a middle name exactly the same as a first name also appeals to my funny bone.
Holmes never actually said "It's elementary my dear Watson" in the books, only the films, but I felt I could extend that license. Please forgive me and tell me if you like this sort of thing. And have a nice, fun, weekend!

4 comments:

Tara said...

I'm so glad that Dinkums and Doodles is alive and kicking again! I should probably post some of my own stuff on there again too.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Both you and Tara need to crack the whip with some more doodling..

laura b. said...

Thanks so much for pointing us back over there! I will begin visiting...don't let me down. You too, Tara! :-D

FW said...

Tara: Thanks, I think you should too!
MHW: Yup!
LB: Ha ha, we better get on with it then!