Thursday, January 07, 2010

Snowed and blue

The cold weather got colder on Tuesday evening this week when the snow started. I parked up and was out for a couple of hours and when I got back to my car I had to shift about two inches of snow off my car. We’ve probably had 7 or 8 inches of snow altogether so far and more is forecast. We haven’t had this much snow since 1981 apparently. I see that the US, Western Europe, China and Japan have had it bad too. The weather map even showed parts of Florida in blue.

Here’s a photo I took at lunchtime of some icicles hanging off my shed in the backyard. Wherever you are, I hope you stay warm and comfortable.

 

4 comments:

laura b. said...

Unbelievable weather. Here it has recently been almost unseasonably warm. I don't know what is going on.

Stay cozy, FW.

Tara said...

Great shot of the icicles! I love the light hitting them.

Seems like lots of places are getting their share of snow this year!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Hello.. Happy New Year! My parents are suppose to in Florida now, but due to some unforseen reason they are still here further North of us and colder.. so either way if they were there they would still freeze..

FW said...

LB: We are nice and cosy with the hot water bottle in bed between us!

Tara: Thanks, I had no idea the picture would turn out so well when I took it!

Mrs HW: Great to have you back, I guess your folks can't win!