Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week of travelling

Had to do a lot of travelling for work this week. On Thursday I got a new cell phone. A Samsung Tocco Lite, a kind of iPhone without the expense! The touch screen is pretty cool on it. It's got a 3 megapixel camera so I hope to be posting a few shots to Twitpic with it, see my photo from Knightsbridge on Friday looking towards Harrods lit by afternoon sunlight.
My boy and I got our hair cut yesterday, my hair is quite fine and I don't know what the best style is for me. My wife prefers it short, so I had it shaved close to my head. The minus temperatures outside are going to be felt a little closer!
On the tube in London this week, I saw my first commuter holding an e-book and reading it. I don't know how I feel about e-books really. I'm not filled with a new sense of enthusiasm. I sort of feel the same way about music downloads, there is something precious about handling books and albums that you don't get from a purely digital format.
Apple launched their iPad this week. It looks great of course. I'm sticking with my Netbook, it's light and portable and has a proper keyboard, which has to be quicker than a touchscreen. The jury is out with me whether the iPad size is correct; size, feel, screen contrast and battery life are the most important factors when selecting a portable device.
I'm starting to think about booking summer holidays.

3 comments:

laura b. said...

Enjoy your new fancy phone!

I can never decide to do what with my hair, so I just kind of let it run wild...I'm sure it isn't the best look, but I can't imagine what would be. You are wise to just listen to your wife :-)

My internal jury is still out about e-books too. I am all for moving ahead with technological advances, but books are such...THINGS to me. Hm

Tara said...

I wasn't sure what I'd think about the new IPad, but then I saw it on the news and it looks great. Much easier to work with, maybe.

FW said...

LB: Your hair is great. The e-books just seem like yet another gadget to go and buy. I'll probably end up getting one at some point but I'm not in any rush.

Tara: It does look good, but then they sure do spend a lot of money on design, that company.