Tuesday, January 19, 2010

State of Mind

My boss commented “You look brow beaten” to me today. I worry about work a lot. I worry about work more in my current job than I have in any other job I’ve had. I worry about doing something wrong and getting humiliated. I have a co-worker who confides in me about everything and everyone. She is handful at times and while I might be a good listener to vent off to, some of her paranoia rubs off on me. As if I didn’t have enough already. It’s like I’ve been loaded down with her baggage as well as my own.

4 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Your Boss isn't as concerned about his job? In these difficult times with not many jobs it's hard to not think about it.. Your co-worker needs counselling..

Tara said...

You've become your coworker's therapist, isn't that nice? A promotion without a pay raise.

I can listen for so long and then I just want them to get out of my office.

laura b. said...

The perils of being a good listener.

I know you are looking for a new situation and I do hope you find one. It is much to exhausting to go around feeling worried all the time.

FW said...

MHW: I work in the public sector, it offers some protection I guess. I think she needs life counselling, so do I for that matter!
Tara: It's so draining, I understand your attitude. I wish I had the assertive gene!
LB: I agree, life is too short to get this hung up. I keep looking for an answer but I'm a stuck where I am at the moment.