Thursday, February 04, 2010

Constant Traveller

It feels like I've spent a lot of time on trains this week. Mainly due to a marathon yesterday, cancellations across the board. A journey that would have normally taken 1.40 hours took 3.30 instead. Today I feel exhausted. I tried something this week I've never tried before - a bottle of Lipton's Iced Tea. I chose a lemon flavoured variety. I never thought it sounded very nice before - tea is usually hot and with milk, at least I've always drunk it that way before. But I broadened my perspective this week and it paid off, I really enjoyed it. It's always pleasing when a new experience really works out.
When I hear on the radio about soldiers being killed in Afghanistan it makes me sad. There's a phrase that is now commonplace on the news: "Their families have been informed". It just makes me think about the terrible sadness and sense of loss those families must feel.
Katie Price (Jordan) and Alex Reid tied the knot this week. Marriage doesn't seem to mean the same for celebrities as it does for the rest of us.
My last thought is on the news that Pete Waterman is going to write the next UK Eurovision Song Contest song. I look forward to the competition every year, each year the prospect of a UK win seems more remote - I don't think there is any way we can win the competition anymore. It doesn't really matter who writes the song or produces it. Still, even though I know this there is a little voice in my head that is full of hope. Grow little seed, grow!

3 comments:

laura b. said...

I like iced tea, and lemon flavor is among my favorites. I tend to be hesitant to get something if I'm not sure I'll like it, but it is nice to be pleasantly surprised.
I am so ready for these horrifying wars to end. I know President Obama came into a bad situation, but I had hoped he meant it when he talked about change.
You know, I don't know how much attention is paid to the Eurovision Song Contest here in the US. As a public service, would you consider doing a whole post about it? I'm very curious.

Tara said...

I don't usually have the bottles of iced tea, but the Lipton kind with lemon is really good!

FW said...

Laura: Yes, I will post about the Eurovision more fully nearer the time. Good idea.
Tara: Yes, the lemon adds a little something extra.