Thursday, February 04, 2010

Don't panic!

I was listening to the radio on Wednesday morning I think, as I was driving to the train station and the DJ dedicated a song to everyone who was trying to ignore a warning light that morning. Thinking about that, I imagine that there are thousands of people around the world doing just that right at this very moment. I've done it some times, I had a car that had a break light indicator come on without warning and I would ignore it. Probably ill advised but it never affected the car, I did get rid of it though eventually. I try to ignore the petrol low light sometimes but I don't keep the resistance up for long because....well, obviously I don't want to run out of petrol!
Anyway, I was listening to a Liz Phair song from the nineties and thought I haven't heard a song from her in years, so I watched a few old clips of her on YouTube, she was a good singer sonwriter but I don't know if she is still going. Somehow, like you do, I moved on to another singer songwriter I really like called K T Tunstall. She dedicates this song to long distance love, I really really love this song and I love KT. I hope you like it too.

5 comments:

Tara said...

I hate the warning lights, they are so startling. Thankfully I've only had the "low fuel" light come on once, but my mom was jealous. Lol. She drives until she is almost empty, but has never had that light come on.

I used to get the "Service Engine Soon" light that would come on all the time. It turned out to be some kind of mechanism in the engine that was too sensitive.

laura b. said...

haha! My poor old car...the warning lights are always appearing and then disappearing. Sadly, and probably unwisely, I don't pay them any mind. Well, the fuel light, yes.

Seems like Liz Phair sort of passed out of being the flavor of the month or whatever. After Exile in Guyville there wasn't as much notice of her. I do love KT Tunstall's voice. It's very rich and evocative. I think I first heard of her when Katherine McPhee sang that Black Horse song on American Idol :-)

FW said...

Tara: I think the fuel light is probably the least worrying of all car lights, as long as its not the middle of nowhere!
LB: I'm a big KT fan and I liked Liz Phair but yeah she did sort of fall out of favour for some reason.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

we have this one warning light for Anti-skidding or something.. I don't drive so I only know this from BHM.. That is a really nice song.. She does have a very unique voice.. Is she still going? cause I would probably buy her album..

FW said...

MHW: She's still going yep. This song is on her album Eye To The Telescope, it's a great album.