Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday update

Well, we went to the cinema on Thursday to see Up. The weather was wet and horrid, so it was the best thing to do. The film was really great, the only downside of the whole thing was I had a headache when I came out. It soon cleared up after I got home. On Friday, I drove us all down to Brighton so that my wife could go shopping for glass. She loves glass and there is an area of Brighton known as The Lanes. It has lots of little shops that sell all manner of things, it really is an eclectic mix of shops and I've never seen anything like it anywhere else. The streets are narrow (hence "the lanes") and the buildings have murals on them. My wife did buy herself some nice glass ornaments. I bought myself a great volume of black and white Spiderman comics in a book format. I love super hero comics and Spidey is a favourite of mine.
Lastly, I've bought a game for the Wii that is quite unnerving. I usually only buy games for the Wii that we can all play. Mainly because I have an Xbox360 and it has plenty of great adult games that don't seem to translate very well for the Wii. The game was Resident Evil 4 and I can recommend it for the story as well as the gameplay.
I finally also got to watch the Star Trek film this week. I really enjoyed it. I borrowed it from the library and also borrowed GI Joe at the same time - I started watching GI Joe and fell asleep though: it's not something I'd recommend except to people who insomnia sufferers.

6 comments:

laura b. said...

What a cool mural! The Lanes sounds like a fun, interesting place to shop. I'm not a big shopper, but this sounds like a sort of destination spot.

I am going to have to see Star Trek one of these days!

FW said...

LB: The Lanes is a great area. I'll have to dig out some other photos of the place.

Tara said...

I love those types of places where it's just one little shop after another. And I love the murals on the walls!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

We have a few little places around here like that.. they are cool when you go in and each place offers something different..

I saw the ads for Resident Evil 4.. I would love to have that game!.. G.I Joe was actually a pretty decent action movie.. too bad you fell asleep.. Star Trek was amazing!

FW said...

Tara: Yes, sadly there are fewer of those kinds of places than there used to be.
MHW: RE4 is a bit cheaper than it first was due to being a bit older now. Great game though. You reckon I should give G.I. Joe another go then? I was very tired, so it's probably not a reflection on the film as much as on my age!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

FW: I think that falling asleep has no bearing on the movie itself.. It was a pretty good action flick..Yes give it another go..