Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bonfire night

We had a great weekend last week, went round a friends house and then walked across fields in the dark to a fireworks display. We then went back for food and drink. All very civilised, a pleasure.

My son competed in a Judo competition on Sunday, he lost both his fights but I don’t think his mind was on the job. He was also a lot lighter than his opponents. There was a girl from our club there who won a gold medal because she won all five of her fights. It was one of those times in life you don’t forget. I don’t expect she will forget it. I know her circumstances and I can’t say she has an easy life, so for her to win like that it brought tears to my eyes, it was fantastic. The thing is, she would have had a smile on her face even if she had lost, she’s got that kind of spirit.

My back is well on the mend, yesterday I tried a rucksack for my work laptop and I think it has been much better for me than the shoulder bag, which pulls me to one side.

The weather has been rather unpleasant recently, cold and wet (and it’s been dark when I’ve left the house and dark when I get home). Quite miserable really.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

Sounds like Autumn is definitely here, with Winter hot on her heels.

Your evening out sounds very nice! The judo competition as well. Always fun to see the kids competing.

FW said...

LB: It truly is! I would prefer just to hibernate myself at this time of year.