Sunday, November 28, 2010

December Rising

It’s funny how fast December rolls around. It doesn’t seem that long ago since September was here. It really does feel like winter now, this week has just got so cold and horrid. My wife and daughter are off to a big competition today, while I stay at home with my son. He has homework to start and I have some errands and chores. I know the time will go quickly and then it will be Monday again before the weekend has really gotten started. At least that’s how it feels. I really do wish I had more holiday time away from work. Work can be so stressful at times that I just think it is too damaging to be there. I’d much rather just potter around, doing what I would like to do. Things like take up painting, drawing, writing poetry and music, listening to great music, writing, watching TV and films – some people do this stuff for a living, can you imagine getting paid and being famous for that kind of stuff? I wonder if the people who do achieve success in these realms actually think the same as I do about my job now, or do they enjoy it just as much as if they were only doing it for themselves?

3 comments:

Tara said...

Can you imagine getting paid for being a movie critic? Getting paid for watching movies and telling people what you think about those films..

I wish we had more pay days in December. This year has been one big bill after another. My mom and I are combining our efforts for Christmas shopping and are sending a lot of gifts that can be shared.

laura b. said...

This whole year has gone so quickly.

I like my job quite a lot, but still, especially lately, I really look forward to time off.

I guess if I could get paid to do what I love, it would be to read, but without having to give insightful reviews. Not sure how that would work. haha!

FW said...

Tara: What a great way you and your mom have to address the problem! I hope January doesn't feel too thin a month money-wise!!

LB: LOL! You'll need to burn SOME energy to earn a living my dear!