Tuesday, November 02, 2010

November cometh

We're into November now. The weather will get colder, mornings and evenings darker. Soon it will be time to fetch the heavy bed cover from the top of the wardrobe and place it on the bed. It feels like it has been a long autumn, it has been fairly mild here this year and doesn't seem to have rained as much. I don't like the cold. The only advantage the cold offers is that bed feels more snuggly and warm in the morning, trouble is you have to leave the bed to get up and go to work. Our children are also busy most weekends in November, so I don't see many opportunities for relaxing long lie ins.
I think my back felt almost like I could forget about it for parts of the day today, which is a good sign I feel. I hope I get a better night sleep than I did yesterday. It was hard to get comfortable last night and I overslept this morning. It was a bit of a rush, I don't want to rush around tomorrow. I'm travelling for work and won't be back until Thursday. I hate having to work away but a job's a job.
I've been sitting down with my son for him to read to me regularly. Tonight I was impressed that he continued until the end of his current book. Normally he only wants to read one chapter. I hope the regular sessions are helping him, he seems more willing to have a go at saying some words whereas I feel my daughter would rather just skip a difficult word. Some of the kids books are pretty dull and some are really good.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

I miss reading to my kids and having them read to me, even though at times it can be tedious. Lucky I get to do storytimes at work :-)

I am really glad to hear your back is healing. I imagine pain like that would make getting good rest really difficult.

FW said...

Thanks LB. My back feels almost back to normal now. I must keep up the exercises though!