Friday, November 26, 2010

Feel that chill…

The weather yesterday turned into a brittle chill. It has gone so cold. Some places of the UK are experiencing snow, I hope we don’t get any. My wife and daughter have to travel on Sunday and I don’t particularly like the thought of them driving if the roads are dangerous, especially as they have to leave before dawn. My daughter is competing in an international sport event, so it will be difficult enough having to leave home so early. The thought of them getting stuck in a snow drift isn’t something I want to entertain.

My daughter’s 11 plus exam results are out today also. I hated finding out about exam results when I was younger, mainly because they were usually disappointing. I think in general I have an exaggerated sense of hope in my abilities. For my daughter, I just hope she ends up happy with what she gets and which school it ultimately leads her to.

Have a nice weekend, at least we can work today with the knowledge that it will be over by this evening for a few days.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

Although it doesn't snow where I live, it has felt as though it could lately...really icy air.

I hope your family travels safely. Also hope your daughter is pleased with her exam results.

FW said...

Thanks LB, my daughter didn't get the grade she wanted. She was 10 points off. I don't know what long term effects will be but I'm so proud of her anyway, in real terms I don't think she is any less intelligent than the 5 children who did get the grade required.