Wednesday, July 18, 2012

iPhoneography

I had not come across this term until this last weekend. It's a term for describing photography with an iPhone, as you might guess. I bought a slim but excellent book of the same title and there are lots of intriguing suggestions for photo projects. I am contemplating starting another space online for my iPhone photographs. But I'm having trouble deciding where to go...
  • Blogger
  • Wordpress
  • Tumblr
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Flickr
  • Photobucket
  • Zapd
and this is just scratching at the surface. I'm certain that there are a gazillion I haven't heard of. How in the world does one decide...?

5 comments:

laura b. said...

And since you have an iPhone, you could also do Instagram, right? Very popular.

For maximum photo awesomeness, I would say it might be a toss up between Flickr and Tumblr.

FW said...

LB: Both good choices there. It might end up being Tumblr but I haven't fully decided yet. There are so many good photography apps these days, its best just to try as many as you can and stick with those you like best.

Tara said...

Yes, Flickr's a good site to post photos, but there's a bit of a downside if you post lots of photos. You can post photos on there for free, but as you go on, your older photos (ones you posted first), will get archived and you won't be able to look at them until you sign up for a paid membership. It's not too expensive, but it's annoying.

Tara said...

I think Photobucket is a good site, but you can post lots of photos on Facebook. Plus, you've got some blogging friends on FB! :)

FW said...

Tara: Thanks for the information about Flickr, I didn't know that. I have kind of messed up with FB before. Photobucket could be a good choice though.