Monday, July 16, 2012

Pain

My throat feels like shards of glass are sticking into it whenever I swallow. It's hard to function properly when I'm in pain like this. My voice is beginning to go too.
I seemed to spend the weekend being a taxi for my son and a house cleaner and gardener. My daughter was questioning why everytime I gave her a task, that and saying no a lot. So I ended up doing most of the cleaning tasks myself. Both kids came round in the end but I had to show them that every member of the family has to pull their weight.
We're allowing the kittens into most of our busiest rooms in the house now. They seem to have gotten used to that and have found sleep spots to go to when someone is home with them. They seem to like being in a room with a family member, rather than finding somewhere quiet on their own, which is nice. I like watching them play together. We let them come sleep on our beds if they want to. I am slightly worried that I might roll onto one of them and accidentally squish them!




3 comments:

laura b. said...

I hope you feel better soon, FW. It is like an extra chore in itself getting kids to help out. Glad yours pitched in!
Your kittens sound like they are fitting right into the family.

FW said...

LB: Thanks I am feeling better now, I took a day to just rest and that has really helped. It helped me cope, which made me feel a whole lot better.

BrightenedBoy said...

Here's to hoping you're well soon. As to your children being recalcitrant with chores, that's tough.

I have a nine-year-old sister who's also occasionally willful when it comes to helping out and so I always try to present chores in the context of teamwork rather than in the context of an individual's burden.