Saturday, November 24, 2012

Car: the decision

I decided last Sunday on the car to buy, it was actually the first car I went to see, so perhaps that was more impetuous than I thought it was going to be. I had made up a few cards and was literally expecting to have to see a few cars before deciding, trying a few out. But I didn't. I liked what I saw, thought it was a good deal and that was that. I had more or less made up my mind on paper anyway. So I decided to get a city car, the Hyundai i10, it's the Style edition so has a few neat extras such as heated front seats, slide and tilt sunroof, front foglamps, rear spoiler with integrated brake light and an interior trim with two tone dash. The car has electric windows and aircon as standard, there is a CD player and MP3 player connection so I'm happy.
I picked it up today and the weather was so dismal and wet that I had to do something to jazz up the photos a bit, so forgive my poetic license with the photos. It's tiny but has a high body so the headroom and relatively high driving position makes it feel larger than it is - like the Tardis in Dr Who!






3 comments:

laura b. said...

I love it! It is so bright and little...like a jelly bean. Honestly, though, I am dead jealous. It seems you made an excellent choice.

FW said...

LB: Ha ha, love the analogy! Maybe I should call her my little jelly bean car! I do wonder whether I've bought a retired persons car though - I saw a frail little old man driving one as I drove mine home! Has it come to this, that the newest car I can afford is the desirable retirement treat?

Tara said...

Congratulations! You chose wisely, and I love the color! You'll appreciate the heated seats when the weather turns colder! I don't have heated seats, but I'm glad that my car heats up quickly.