Monday, November 12, 2012

Christmas approaches

Time until the Christmas holidays is slipping away. I'm a little unnerved by how fast it is approaching. Have you started buying for it yet? I've bought my wife some art glass ornaments but she chose them, I'll wrap them up for her for Christmas.


My wife is a lot more organised than I am generally, she has started but I am more of a slow burner. Things are so expensive. I wish people had lower expectations and that there wasn't so much pressure to spend so much. I think I'll have to be pretty cautious with my gift spending this year. I'd rather give out Christmas spirit than presents!

4 comments:

Tara said...

The only things I have done to prepare for Christmas is buy pine-scented Febreze plugins and I bought a handmade nativity set. I haven't bought any Christmas gifts yet. It sounds like you're ahead a bit!

Your wife will like that you bought those ornaments for her!

laura b. said...

I am not the most inspired shopper and I am always very pressured by high expectations (some of which might be imagined)
Christmas is a difficult holiday for me to truly enjoy because I tend to focus on the money. I wish it was more about kindness and the impulse to give from the heart.

FW said...

Tara: Well, the scent of pine is very seasonal. I like nativity ornaments, something about them that's cute. I haven't bought anything else since my post and I feel a bit behind now!

FW said...

LB: I hear you! What's generally a very nice time of year has this ugly side, remember the Cabbage Patch Dolls scrambles???