Friday, November 16, 2012

Soup

It's autumn now and the weather is getting cold and damp. For lunch I've been heating up soup from a can. I've been eating Heinz soups from a can for years since I was a kid. I just wonder, what with soup becoming more of a specialty food and more fresh product variety on the supermarket shelves, whether you still eat the same soup from a can that you did as a child. Is it even around?
What's your favourite soup? I like the beef broth because it is thick and more filling.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

I know the healthier soups are the broth based ones...but if choosing my favorite I'd have to say creamy tomato.
I have eaten Campbells all my life. Now instead of the can, I usually get the "soup at hand" which is like a little sippy cup you can drink the soup from. Classy. haha!

FW said...

LB: I don't know whether we have those over here, haven't seen them but they sound quite good fun. I can buy Campbells soups from the supermarket but I've never done so. Isn't that strange? I think soup brand must be one that really builds loyalty from an early age!