Monday, November 26, 2012

Wet

The rain has been pouring down over the last few days. Fields are so wet because the water table is so saturated. There is nowhere for the water to drain off to. On the train I noticed a golf course flooded out - it would require a canoe to navigate the course!
My garden lawn is a squlechy horrid quagmire, not nice to walk on at all. The wet weather is moving North, where I work. I live in the South, so wherever I go it seems to follow me.
This is a photo from my train station, lovely isn't it? Nice and grey and wet! I'm joking, can't stand all this wet weather.

3 comments:

Tara said...

A rainy day makes me want to stay home and in bed. We get several days of rain in a row sometimes, and then when the sun eventually makes an appearance, it's like we haven't seen it in years.

laura b. said...

We could use some rain here, but I am happy to have it hold off as long as possible. Not at all a fan of those wet, grey days.

FW said...

Tara: I love to see the sun after it rains for days but at this time of the year it usually brings extreme cold with it!

LB: Rain is okay in moderation, it has thankfully stopped and is not in the news the whole time now.