Monday, April 06, 2015

Back to Work Tomorrow

A depressing situation arises at the end of every holiday. The return to work looms ever closer and then its back on the treadmill as if the holiday never happened. At least it can be thought of as a way to earn money to go on holiday. I suppose if I didn't have a job and had no restriction on holiday time, then it wouldn't feel so good to take a break from work. The trouble is, I don't feel refreshed and I don't feel revitalised. The truth is, I'm not excited about returning to work. I don't itch to get back to my work.
One week of holiday is not enough to really settle into a state where work isn't on my mind. If I had another week off I reckon it would just be at the end of that week that I'd be getting used to not have to work and would be finding other things to interest me. I've enjoyed this week but I don't feel I got a lot out of it. That's a shame. I love spending time with my family but I've probably had more time on my own this holiday than I remember having before.
The good thing is that being back at work will lessen the feeling of guilt of not being at work! That's probably the saddest part of this post.

No comments: