Saturday, April 11, 2015

Crabbies Grand National 2015

I am not normally interested in horse racing. I can't remember the last time I've ever thought about it to be honest. Today though, for some reason I am interested enough to go into a betting shop and place a bet. The horse I chose was called Oscar Time, I have a family member who has a baby by the name of Oscar, so I didn't choose it based on any study of form. I just chose it based on the name.


I went into William Hill rather than the Coral, all betting shops are a bit grubby but they used to have to block out their windows. They don't seem to have to do that now. I didn't really know what I was doing. My son stood outside, which reminded me a little bit of part of my childhood when my dad would go into the betting shop and I'd wait outside with my mom and brother for what seemed like an age. The jockey riding the horse I backed is wearing these colours:



No comments: