Thursday, September 08, 2005

Gaming environment

Upstairs now I've got my two old PCs next to each other with some great games on them. If you have never bought PC games and were wandering what kinds of games run well on them, here's my set up (I haven't included every game I have).
The oldest Pentium 2 machine has a processor rated at just under 300MHz. On this machine I have some great strategy games that I still like to play, like Red Alert, Command and Conquer, Age of Empires, Pharoah, Commandos Behind Enemy Lines, Sim City 2000, Sim Tower, Grand Theft Auto, Tiberian Sun, Dungeon Keeper, Monopoly, Warhammer Dark Omen, Railroad Tycoon, Warcraft II and Starcraft. This machine uses an integrated graphics chip but it does have an AGP slot that I've never seen the benefit of using.
The other Pentium 3 machine has a 900MHz processor and I'm running some other great games on that including Rollercoaster Tycoon, Delta Force, Delta Force 2, F1 Championship 2000, Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider II, Tomb Raider The Last Revelation, Hitman Codename 47, Driver, Grand Prix Legends, The House Of The Dead, The House Of The Dead 2, Mobil 1 Rally Championship, Toca 2 Touring Car Challenge and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six. This machine uses a 16MB PCI Nvidia graphics card.

No comments: