Thursday, September 08, 2005

Nintendo DS v Sony PSP

I read a comment today that the Nintendo DS is more fun to play on than a PSP. Perhaps thats just because Nintendo have been doing handheld devices and games for much longer than Sony? Nintendogs does look like a great game. I think the launch line-up of games for the PSP has been quite weak in general. Ridge Racer seems like the best choice but how old is that game really? Same with Wipeout too. No, I think the PSP will develop much better content over the coming years: better games, better music, better network play and so on. Nintendo DS probably is more fun to play at the moment, but I think that will change. That's not to say though that the DS is dead - far from it, I'd like one. Especially for the golf. But I think the lifespan of the DS will be shorter than that of the PSP.
I don't like what I've heard about the pixel problem with the PSP screen either. It seems to affect only some but lets face it, it shouldn't happen at all. Especially when they cost so much - nearly 50 pounds more in England than America!!

No comments: