Sunday, September 25, 2005

Tiny Crappy Speakers

I was reading the weekend paper this morning. I saw an advert that made me think. It was an ad for a speaker system that turns an iPod into a home stereo. I just thought, God how that just misses the point! The system was expensive too. And looked awful! I had a pair of speakers a long time ago that plugged into my early-style Walkman (maroon it was, heavy with big black and cream buttons - I think it was a Sanyo not a Sony though). I was listening to it in the living room once, had to have the volume really high because that was the only way to hear it, terribly tinny sound almost no bass. My Dad came home and said with a look of disgust "What you got to listen to that rubbish for?", it's debateable whether he actually meant the sound quality or the music - well it was Slayer.

No comments: