Thursday, September 08, 2005

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003

I have to admit I've been a bit disappointed with this game up until now. I still have a lot to learn, especially about the different game modes and scoring. But I'm starting to get a feel for the controls and am beginning to earn some money for hitting GIRs, which I think relate to getting onto the putting green from the fairway but I have no idea what it stands for. Learning to swing the ball seems essential to me, make sure you get the blue colour swing and not the yellow - that was my main mistake in the past - I always used slice instead of draw - but I'm sure there must be times when a slice is required. Also, I've found that putting can be hit and miss, the information about the angle and tilt of the green is pretty minimal and even though there are caddy tips it still seems to rely on being able to judge distances rather than giving you information to accurately set things up. But I suppose this is intentional, like golf in the real world, I'd say the experience of the game is quite close to real life when you get more into it. If you don't like golf however, you probably won't enjoy the game. This is at odds with what some other reviews I've read say but I believe it to be true. I've recently played a game of golf on a real course and maybe my belief is based on that and having a wife who has no interest in golf at all.

No comments: