Friday, June 23, 2006

Festivals Galore

I bought a copy of NME on Tuesday, it had a free CD of live tracks by some new bands. Going through the pages I was amazed to see how many music festivals there are during the summer in the UK. It makes me nostalgic: I remember the excitement of watching bands all day and night, returning to my tent but not falling asleep until the dawn breaks, camp fires burning all night, distant drumming going on constantly, people being chilled out, friendly, wearing almost nothing except crusty old Doc Martin boots, the tattoos and piercings. Quite a different world to my existence then but a world away to my life now. Festivals are exciting but can also be a little bit scary, you've no idea who you'll meet and sleep a few feet away from. It's all pot luck. I used to go to festivals on my own, I don't know whether I am strong enough to do that now.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Hey, I think I got that same issue! Although, somehow I think you found your NME way quicker than I found mine. lol.

FW said...

Ryan: I bet! I was browsing the music mags and it caught my eye. I'm a sucker for a free CD. This one's alright though.