Monday, June 26, 2006

Weekend with the folks

My folks came down this weekend and we've been out and about. It was exhausting, lots of walking and the kids love seeing their grandparents. The weather was Tip Top too. It's funny what little nuggets you learn about your past from time to time from your folks. Like their version of your history being slightly different to how you've come to see things: my God that's a clunky way of saying they have a different perspective! Where have my writing skills gone this evening?

I've been watching lots of World Cup, England got through to the last 16 - FAN BLOODY TASTIC! David Beckham truly has a golden foot, apparently he puked after scoring because he was so dehydrated from running so hard in 30 plus temperatures. USA got knocked out, I think they had a very grueling game against Italy - I don't think the scoreline reflected the effort they put into the game though. Netherlands also got knocked out by England's next opponents, I hope their supporters cheer England on rather than Portugal. It sounded like the referee completely lost it with handing out two red cards and sixteen yellows, or something stupid like that.

Wimbledon started today, I don't know how much tennis was actually played. I don't really watch much tennis on TV. If I do it tends to be the finals. I find the scoring a bit odd, like nil being called love and it going up in 15s. It took me a few years as a kid before I finally got the hang of it. I don't know how much tennis was actually played today, it was a bit of a wet day here.

Big Brother starts to get more interesting this week. Apparently, they're bringing in 5 brand new housemates who are going to live in a house right next door to the existing lot. The two groups will be in isolation except the public vote for a current housemate to enter the new house. I can't wait to find out who it is. The house has had a few horrible bitchy people in it this year, I'm glad to say the public have booted them out. The worst offenders were Grace, Seezer and Lisa who have gone but I'd also like to get rid of Imogen, Lea and Nikki.

My voice is barely audible today, I'm so hoarse after coughing hard all weekend. It's progressively getting worse. I hate coughs and colds - if I had three wishes, one would be to rid the world of the cold/flu. Have a good week folks.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Well I hope your cough stops soon! Take some cough drops/throat lozenges if you haven't already. They aren't miracle pills, unfortunately, but they do help a little.

Glad to hear you all had a good time with the grandparents!

That reminds me, I should post something my aunt sent to me last week...

FW said...

Tara: Thanks, I'm taking some cough medicine too (Benylyn). This cough is going to take its time going I fear.

FW said...

Caatje: I'd thought you would support Germany as that's your "host" country at the moment, they play Argentina on Friday - should be interesting!