Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Stuff 'n' Stuff

Hello apparently are paying out 4M for the first exclusive pictures of the Bradgelina baby, I find that obscene. Maybe it's my imagination playing tricks but did I also read though that the couple of giving it to charity? If they are, fair play to them.

The World Cup starts on the 9th June, I can't wait! England's first match is on the 10th against Paraguay, that will be interesting. I was listening to the radio yesterday and a marriage counsellor was advising female partners to be understanding and try to join in rather than making it stressful for all. I happen to agree, life is about give and take - as long as male partners try to enjoy stuff the girls like too.

Free digital TV is going to be getting better with FilmFour starting soon. They usually have some good films on show. Also, Channel 5 are going to offer two more channels - one for kids and women and another for US shows. Cool, I like to watch US shows too. On our More 4 channel I like to watch The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

I'm back at work but my cold is still shitty, I wish it would just go. My wife asked if I had an unsettled night last night, I didn't wake up but I think I had some strange dreams - I just can't remember them now!

The other annoying thing is that we've had about 2 weeks of pretty nice weather and they have imposed a hose pipe ban. If the hot weather continues, I wonder if we'll all have to use standpipes in the street - that would be awful! Shortages of anything are horrible but when something as taken for granted as water is being restricted it is getting really serious.

4 comments:

mojotek said...

I'm almost positive that all of the $4million is going to charities of the couples' choice. So you can't really fault them for having tabloids bid up the price so high... I actually think it was a brilliant way to get back at the sleazy tabloids on their own turf.

FW said...

Mojotek: Clever yes. But 4m USD for a photo? It just strikes me as mad!

Tara said...

I love "The Daily Show". It's one of my favorites on Comedy Central!

FW said...

Tara: Yeah, it's cool - political satire helps me unwind!