Monday, June 19, 2006

Monday Moan

It's been a hectic few days at Fort Wangler. Car trouble, summer fetes, birthday parties and friends staying over have all played their part. The weather has been hot and I've still got my cough, which has turned into a reverberating bark that makes my neck and head hurt, it also keeps me awake at night. The weather is a little fresher today, the breeze is quite cool and pleasant. Inside though it is warm and humid, we've had some summer rain this evening.
Our main car is in the garage again, second time in a week and it's annoying that whatever the problem is wasn't fixed first time.
It was Father's Day on Sunday and I received nice cards from the kids. I didn't get the day to myself though, which was what I was hoping for. Apparently, I get a day sometime in July - we'll see if that ever happens. I did have a couple of hours to myself though. The funny thing is, before I was married I lived alone and I had exactly the same problem as I had for those two hours: plenty of time but indecision on how best to use it. It used to drive me to despair sometimes that I didn't have anyone to share my time with and I always had the feeling that I could be doing something better if only I knew what it was. I think the answer is to make as many friends as you can, be a social butterfly and someone will always invite you to do something with them.

3 comments:

Tara said...

The social butterfly in me is still in her cocoon. I know what you mean, though. My weekends can be quite uneventful. Sometimes I hate it and want to get to know more people, and sometimes it's paradise and can't imagine not having my own time. Just depends on my mood, I guess!

Happy belated Father's Day!

AlienCG said...

Happy belated Father's Day from me as well. I have too much time to waste on weekends and it tends to get redundant. This weekend will be different as I am off to New Jersey for a weekend of fun, golf, fun and food. Did I mention fun?

FW said...

Tara: Its about getting the balance right I guess. A tricky thing to do.

AlienCG: Sounds like a good time is to be had in NJ this weekend! I visited my brother in New Brunswick NJ about 8 years ago. To date, that's been my only visit to the States. That's too long ago now though!