Thursday, June 29, 2006

Out of touch

There was a news report on TV last week that said a lot of expensive artwork and property in the high class parts of London were being bought up by wealthy Russians. Excuse me! What happened to property is theft? Sheesh, I'm out of touch. I didn't think there were any wealthy Russians. Actually I've never met a Russian person in my life as far as I know. I've met Poles and Hungarians and that's probably as Eastern block as I've ever got. My geography is so bad, I can't even draw where Hungary is on a map! What am I babbling on about?
I met a talkative American guy on the bus in London today, he's on vacation to Britain and Ireland. He was last here 38 years ago. That's longer than I've been alive, just! We had a nice chat but I had to get off, so I hope he has a nice trip and safe journey back to San Francisco. I'd actually love to visit San Francisco. It does set me to thinking about how large the world is and how only a minority of us ever get to really become well travelled. That's a great shame because I'm sure there would be less war, death and destruction if we just concentrated on being friendly world neighbours. Everyone's lives would be so much improved, we'd get educated about other cultures and there would be less prejudice. If I was World Leader I would make it mandatory for all world citizens to have to visit every continent in their own lifetime (I drew back from every country because that would just take too long!)

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I see a lot of Russians. They come over here to be on reality television. Seriously.

lol.

FW said...

Ryan: Mmmm but does that count? lol!