Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Spooky!!

My wife likes to refer to Derren Brown as her second husband! I'm not sure what Derren would think, it's possible he would be flattered. I like Derren, I've actually been to see his stage show and it is truly amazing. I think I can understand my wife's attraction, there is an allure to people who have crafted their skills to such a refined level. I've seen several series by Derren on the TV and some of the stuff he does you think you've seen before - just like he's taken an old trick and changed it a little - but then he takes it into a completely new direction and the performance goes someplace you didn't expect. Sometimes things go out of control and you know that if you were there you would be shaking! I enjoy that kind of terror.

For your entertainment, I've selected two examples of Derren's work to illustrate what I mean. The first of these clips is shorter and is chilling in a spooky way but isn't terrifying. I'll post my other example in the next post.


2 comments:

Tara said...

Oo, that was weird! Very interesting!

FW said...

Being filmed in a crypt helped too I think!