Thursday, September 28, 2006

Strange Week

It's been a strange sort of week. I was on the phone to a friend with a PC problem and after I hung up I found that my modem was, well, dead. I couldn't get through to order a replacement, trying up until I went to bed at 20 after midnight. I was up before 6am and got through after a couple of tries. I think the support call centre is based in India and I haven't any idea what the time difference is. The replacement came, today thank God. I forget how reliant me and my wife have become on it - even though it's not been that long ago since we had trouble before.

Now I'm looking forward to catching up on my favourite blogs...

5 comments:

Tara said...

And this was right after you got off the phone with your friend who had computer problems?? Hmm...Is there a phoneline computer virus going around?

Glad to have you back! A week without an FW blog posting is like a week without the computer.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Oh boy I had to deal with the support centre in India once,I had to repeat evrything 3 times to the guy I was speaking too.He told me a few times that there was heavy work in my area,I kept telling him that how come out of all the people I knew in the area only my Modem was down then.I ended up calling 3 or 4 times before they got me sorted !!!

FW said...

Tara: Thanks :-) It was a strange and unexpected coincidence wasn't it?

Andrew: The guy I spoke to this time was good. But on past occasions I've had to speak to people who obviously are just reading from a script, which doesn't ease the problem.

Nicole said...

I'm doing a lot of that "catching up" stuff myself, as you can see. Glad your modem replacement came through so quickly.

FW said...

Caatje: I hope you got that sorted now, sounds very frustrating.

Nicole: Thanks, it was 3 days but "felt" like about 20! That's how addicted we are in this household!