Monday, February 12, 2007

Monday Monday

I had quite a good weekend. I did miss my wife and daughter who went to Disneyland Paris for the day on Saturday: pity the weather was wet and miserable. I spent the day on Saturday with my son and we had a great time together shopping, playing, eating, watching TV and reading stories. Saturday night I was in online multiplayer mode on the Playstation 2, had good fun but got shot up many more times than I needed to. My wife and daughter were back really early on Sunday and it was a relaxed day. I went out to see some friends on Sunday night, which was great. Then today I realised I should try and take some leave because my daughter is off school. Luckily, my boss was OK about it and I got Tuesday and Thursday off, so tomorrow it will be great to be off from work. The other piece of news is that I bought a personal DVD player on Friday. It was going to be for my wife to take on the trip to Paris but she didn't take it in the end. This may strike you as odd but my wife and I don't always watch the same stuff, but now I can be close to her in the same room AND watch what I want to, instead of having to sit in another room.
At the weekend I also sorted out the accomodation for our summer holiday, a nice apartment near the beach in Bounemouth where we went at the end of last summer. It's nice to have something to look forward to and this time we're away for seven nights instead of three.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I wish that I had a portable DVD player. I would like one when I fly.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I think those portable DVD players are awesome I bought one awhile back and one for each of my step-kids.. I was feeling generous.. they were about on sale at the time and come with 2 sets of headphones and a case to hang it in and it swivels 180 degrees... so you can hang it on the back of the head rest in the car and the kids can watch a movie..really cool.. Glad you had a fun weekend.. What's Paris really like?

Tara said...

Oh I'd love one of those portable DVD players! Course I'd bring it to work and wouldn't get anything done at all. Hehe.

That is excellent news about your days off! I love those. We have one coming up on Monday for President's Day, so that's nice to look forward to. And it sounds like you've got a wonderful summer vacation planned too!

FW said...

Rachel: I got about a third off mine, you can get good sale deals on them.

Babybull40: Sounds like you found an awesome deal, I don't blame you for capitalising on it. Paris means different things to different people, you really have to visit yourself. I have fond memories of Paris but I'm not in a hurry to go back.

Tara: Have a most excellent day on Monday!