Thursday, February 22, 2007

Remembered Post

This morning I had a good idea for a blog post and I didn't write it down. Now I'm left with a blank space and I just don't know how to fill it.

I just remembered what it was about!

I was pondering that insects and humans don't get on. We squash them or step on them or have zapper lights on walls or sticky papers. What if, one day a giant super insect came into being. Imagine something the size of a car that could multiply extremely fast. Imagine legs as hard as steel rods. Human society and insect society are totally different things. Imagine how hostile it would be to live in insect society. They would be like robots (The Terminator), killing without mercy. I remember as a child being terrified by a black and white science fiction film (it was probably called The Incredible Shrinking Man but I probably never knew the title). In it a man reduces in size every day until eventually his human friends lose him and he has to fend for himself. He has to fight a spider with a pin that, to him, is the size of a lance. It's horrible. Probably the reason I don't like looking at spiders or insects too closely even now. I once wrote a poem about the insect world (that I can't find tonight). If I ever do come across it I'll post it.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

I am not a big fan of bugs. I know that they have their uses but I prefer them to not be useful in my presence.
I got home yesterday and at 34 degrees the mosquitoes were out? WTF?????

FW said...

I'm so glad we don't have that much of a mozzy problem over here. That's the part of summer I hate, when it's warm enough to sit outside whatever you eat and drink attracts the bugs. Then at night they are attracted to the light. Still, I suppose if we ever did have a fight between the human and the insect races we could use light and food to draw them into a trap! Swings and roundabouts isn't it?

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I don't like bugs,especially ones that buzz around my head and I don't like snakes either.. But it sounds like it a good premise for yet another movie about invading critters...Giant Ladybugs Attack..lol

Tara said...

Our old house that was closer to Lake Erie would always house spiders. Not little ones, either. Long legged, quick and ugly spiders. One time I was in the kitchen talking to my mom, and I happened to glance up at one of the cupboards that was open. I saw these long legs disappear behind the door, and I froze. Then I unfroze and killed the spider.

FW said...

Babybull40: Ah, I've always had a soft spot for ladybirds. It would be amusing to watch a film in which they were cold hearted killing machines.

Tara: Well done you, you murderous swine! ;0)

Ryan said...

Bugs freak me out, man. I'm pretty racist.

laura b. said...

Even though I know most bugs can't really hurt me I am mildly creeped out by most of them. When I was little my sister and I used to play with roly polys (pillbugs?) and ladybugs. Otherwise, yeah, they are more horror movie material to me.

FW said...

Caatje: Dragonflies terrified me when I was young, they just seemed huge and were fast chasers, following me everywhere I ran aarrgghhhh!!!

Ryan: I know, but what can you do when you just don't like something?

L.B.: I don't know what roly polys are but they don't sound too bad.