Monday, February 19, 2007

A new week begins

A new week and I'm posting this from an older PC I have up in the bedroom. Boy is the screen bright, or maybe its just that I'm tired, I can't tell. At the weekend my wife bought a fish tank, so next weekend we'll be buying a Goldfish - poor thing, I hope it lives. We haven't had any pets while the kids have been young and I'm a bit disappointed in that because pets are great but where we live there is no room for a dog and I'd be frightened that a cat would be killed because the cars drive down the road so fast. So, out of the range of available pets my wife chose a fish. I guess she thought it would be relaxing to watch the fish after a stressful day at work and I suppose she might be right. It was just a bit sudden, her coming through the door with a big box like that. She bought me a game called Mancala too, its a wooden board and has glass beads you move from hole to hole. It's good fun, I played it with my daughter. I think several games probably go by the name of Mancala, so I'm not sure which variation we play - I got the rules off the Internet because the rules that came with it were just impossible to understand - there were no pictures and whoever wrote them, well, English was obviously not their first language.

It's been a weird time with the media at the moment, all I seem to notice is news about Anna Nicole Smith or Britney Spears or Robbie Williams. It's all about rehab, going nuts and dying young. What is wrong with everyone these days? It seems like you can't be famous unless your infamous. Sod dying young, its not worth it to put poison into your body. I'm not a practising Christian really but I think religion could definitely play a big role in the lives of people who have enough money that they will never need for anything else the rest of their lives. If I made millions I'd want to put my money to good use, rather than squandering it on drugs or whatever. Maybe I'm being unrealistic, afterall I have no idea what life is like when you can't go anywhere without being recognised. Maybe a Fame City is needed: where just famous people live. There would be no photographers or press and everyone would be treated equally, money wouldn't buy you any dream tickets. Huh! Never gonna happen is it?

3 comments:

Tara said...

Have you made up a name for your goldfish yet? That's great that you and your family have a fish now!

I think celebrities need to go to this Zen community in California. You're supposed to get rid of your material possessions and live life peacefully. A few people in the Zen community have shaved their heads so that they don't worry about how they look (seems like Britney is ahead of the game). No fame, just serenity.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Goldfish are cool.. How about Goldy for a name? We have two cats.. and a yappy dog every second weekend when the step-kids come down..
As for these celebrities they really have taken their lives for granted.. Money does not buy happiness. it can bring you down and when drugs are involved then they need some intervention from their families.. which by the way where the hell are they during these times.. Are they sitting back and taking their 10 or 15% cut.. It trully boggles the mind.

FW said...

Tara: It seems we might be getting two fish. Name contenders so far are Goldy and Wilbert.

That retreat sounds like a nice place. I watched a programme once about some average guys who went to live in a monastery with monks. What struck me was how cool the monks really were.

Babybull40: We liked the name! Sounds like you have a full house with the kids and animals LOL.

It's not often easy to tell where the family is when celebs have problems. I guess some celebrities allow themselves to be distanced from their families - usuall a really bad move because we all need to be grounded in something.