Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Midweek Happy

This week started badly for me. A lot of things seemed to be going wrong for me on Monday, I was just glad to be able to get into bed and rest. Tuesday came and I knew I had a list of stuff to do to put right what had happened the previous day. This included taking a new headset back to a shop, it wasn't working on 3 different computers I tried it on and when I was given the choice of trying another or my money back I took the money. At least my old headset works and I'd rather that than a new one that doesn't. My daughter is having a bit of a rough time at school and I had to go and see the teacher about it. I had a lot of stuff to sort out for work but got all of it done. I did some more work for my forthcoming podshow and I'm pretty nearly all set for the new series starting on Monday. Today was fine, I allowed extra time for travelling past some roadworks on my journey but infact I turned up early for my appointment so I went for some breakfast. I was glad I did because it was way past lunchtime before I ate again. I did make myself a tasty sandwich though: ham, tomato, mayo, salad and sweet onion sauce on white bread but its somehow white wholemeal bread - I don't know how they achieve that but it tastes good. So the final bit of today was attending a private viewing of my sister inlaw's art. Some really cool abstract paintings, I like abstract art because there are so many levels to it. I like depth.
I'm also quite pleased it is midweek and that the weekend is coming up. I've also got to book some holiday time before the end of March to use my allocation of days up, I can't carry any unused days over unfortunately - which means I can't store them up. I hope you all are having a good day today too.

5 comments:

laura b. said...

Glad to hear your week is getting better. Mine is too, actually! Your lunch sandwich sounds delicious.

Tara said...

Hey, nifty new blog design, FW! I love the green, and it goes with Wilbert's aquarium! Plus the menu is a nice, spring green color.

I'm happy that your week is getting better! I wish your daughter luck with her problems at school. If I could go back in time and take school over again...I wouldn't. School was not always cool.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Cool lookin' blog you got here FW..I recently made a few changes too.. I needed to spruce up the place.. I hope the rest of the week is much better than the beginning.. Also Wilbert seems to like the new theme..Good luck with your daughter school wasn't my favorite thing and I always had some problems..Her's will work out too..

Ryan said...

I am officially sick of how my blog looks. lol.

LOVE the green.

FW said...

L.B.: Thanks, it has been a hard week and I'm glad I can rest a bit over the weekend.

Tara: Thanks, I thought I'd better do something after having promised to change the design at the start of the year. The opportunity just presented itself and I took it not knowing what to expect.

Babybull40: Thanks, I like your new colour scheme.

Ryan: Cheers, I always liked your template dude!